Having said all of that, I recently read an alarming report. The report said that about 30% of stroke survivors are not taking necessary actions to prevent another stroke. They are basically living the same way they lived prior to their stroke.
Are you kidding me?
If I know my risk is greater and I know ways to possibly prevent another stroke, why not do it? As you know stroke is a life changer.
Just in case you don't know the ways you can live to prevent another stroke, here they are:
- Control your blood pressure. Monitor it and take steps to control it.
- Quit smoking.
- Reduce sodium (salt) in your diet. Check food packages for sodium content.
- Start exercising. Walk, run, swim, get moving.
- Keep your alcohol intake to a minimum.
- Eat a low fat, low cholestrol diet. You may need to get educated on how to do this, but do it.
There are more ways that will help prevent another stroke, but these are the big ones.